History

Since1956
Posterama was founded in 1956 by Mr Kamphuis, and at the time manufactures primarily posters for purposes such as bus shelters. Van Nelle and FRAM were important customers in the early days. Posterama's name was formed by linking the word ‘poster’ to the suffix ‘ama’, which was popular at the time (other Dutch names from then include Lekturama, Panorama, etc.).

In 1982, Posterama started working for the bicycle industry. Over time, as the cooperation with met Plastic Modern became more intensive, Posterama found itself printing synthetics for binders and folders more and more often. Posterama then decided to pursue a policy of broadening its operations and started selling screen prints in the broadest sense.

A change in direction
New owner Frans-Theo Niemeijer chose the path of specialisation and internationalisation. In 2007, the business relocated to the Internationaal Bedrijventerrein Friesland (IBF), an international business estate in Heerenveen, where it moved into a completely new and very modern building. By the end of 2008, laboratory facilities had been created with their own wet and powder coating installations and baking oven.

In 2009, Posterama acquired the operations of screen printer Zeefdrukkerij Van der Geest, immediately making Posterama the leading market operator for printing decals for the clog industry. The DTP studio was also expanded and now includes design. We have changed direction: innovation, reliability and involvement are now Posterama's the core values.